Topco Associates LLC (“we”, “our” or “us”) administers and operates Shop.Foodcity.com (sometimes referred to herein as the “site” or “Food City”). The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by Food City and by using the Food City web site generally you agree to this use.
- When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
We may use the information you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programs. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerized technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, that we think will interest you from the information we have. We may inform you (by email, mail or otherwise) about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish Food City to use your information for marketing purposes, please use the opt-out box provided when registering and in the My Account link.
- For the prevention and detection of fraud.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- If at a later date you wish to opt out of receiving marketing information from Food City, you can unsubscribe by using the opt-out box provided when registering and in the "My Account" link in the upper right corner of our website when you are logged in.
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- our employees and agents to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Food City now or in the future; and
- agents who profile your data so that we can tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
- In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version, the date and time you accessed our site, the website you visited prior to our site, any search terms used when interacting with our site, and data showing the order in which you accessed our site.
- We may supplement the information you provide us with information we receive from third parties.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Food CityOnline Security
Topco Associates LLC (“we”, “our” or “us”) administers and operates Shop.FoodCity.com (sometimes referred to herein as the “site” or “Food City”). Food City is a secure website. Every time you enter an area of the site that carries or requires sensitive information such as your credit card details, an icon resembling a padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is an indication that the site is secure.
Food City uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information and all your transactions are protected by the powerful SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, address, phone number, identification number and password as it travels through the Internet, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a security standard which at Tier 1 Certification and compliance ensures unbeatable security and protection of sensitive customer information including credit cards.
The requirements for Tier 1 Certification include:
- Security management policies;
- Security policies;
- Security procedures;
- Network architecture;
- Software Design;
- Critical Protective Measures.
Websites go through a rigorous INDEPENDENT audit and significant investment to attain Tier 1 PCI DSS certification. The purpose is to ensure that their customers' data is as safe as possible when they purchase products online.
Venda, the website platform, and Midco Connections, the customer support platform are both PCI DSS Tier 1 certified.
for more information.
for more information.